Founded in 1959 by Jay Van Andel and Rich DeVos, Amway operates in more than 100 countries and territories in Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe and the Americas.
Amway has more than 21,000 employees around the world. In addition, more than 3 million Amway distributors sell the company’s products worldwide.
BRANDS AND PRODUCTS
More than 450 unique, high-quality products carry the AMWAY™ name in the nutrition, beauty and home categories.
Top-selling brands include:
• NUTRILITE™, the world's number one selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand*
• ARTISTRY™, among the world’s top five largest selling premium skincare brands*
• eSpring™, the world's largest selling brand of kitchen water treatment systems**
Steve Van Andel is chairman and Doug DeVos is president of Amway and Alticor, the parent company of Amway. Both have led key business and industry organizations, such as the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations, the Direct Selling Educational Foundation and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The National Chamber Foundation has featured Van Andel in its CEO Leadership Series. DeVos is a member of the Wall Street Journal CEO Council.
Amway world headquarters, which spans an area of more than 3 million square feet, is located in Ada, Michigan, United States. The company and its affiliates own, manage and operate:
- Manufacturing facilities in the United States, China and Vietnam
- Organically certified farms for growing food supplement ingredients in the United States, Mexico and Brazil
- Distribution facilities in North America, Europe and Asia
- Regional shared service centers in Costa Rica, Malaysia and Poland.
DIRECT SELLING INDUSTRY INVOLVEMENT
Amway is a prominent and active member of the regional and national direct selling associations worldwide. Globally, direct selling is an industry with $USD153 billion in estimated retail sales through 2011 and 91.5 million salespeople.***
The Amway One by One Campaign for Children™ rallies the resources of Amway distributors and employees around the world to make a difference in the lives of children in every market where the company conducts business. Since the Amway One by One program launched in 2003, it has provided hope and opportunity to 10 million children and donated more than USD$190 million to children’s causes worldwide. The number of employee and distributor volunteer hours logged since 2003 now totals 2.7 million. www.amwayonebyone.com